Monday, July 25, 2011

The Help's Rising Star Emma Stone Hopes to Head to Broadway

Hot young film actress Emma Stone hopes to add Broadway star to her growing resume, but notes a medical issue may sidetrack her musical dreams, according to Showbizspy.com.

"I would absolutely love to be on Broadway, but I have vocal nodules, so it's like a miracle I have made it through this week without my voice being gone," Stone said. "I lose my voice all the time. That would be the only thing that would be hard about doing live theater and projecting every night. When I was a kid doing theater, I lost my voice every other day, and it made the performances really difficult. If I could get a real handle on that, I would love to do theater."

Stone recently sought some advice about fixing her problem from a famous friend: "I was talking to Justin Timberlake and he had that surgery a couple of years ago and he was on vocal rest. And he thought he was never going to be able to sing again. But you have to have vocal rest for a month. A month of me not talking? That would be very hard!"

Stone will appear in the upcoming films Crazy, Stupid, Love and The Help as well as next year's The Amazing Spider-Man. Her many film credits include Superbad, Easy A, Zombieland, Friends With Benefits, The House Bunny, The Rocker and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past.